Monday, December 16, 2013

Serenity Now: Confessions of Sleep Regression

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change (like the sleep habits of my #2 mini.)

                                                                      *   *   *   *   *

If time travel were possible, I would hop into a badass delaurian and return to 2011 and high five Mini-human #1 who started sleeping through the night (consistently) at 3.5 months.

I remember this fun fact because I read his baby journal last night at 2:30 am when I was awake with mini-human #2.  Now mini #2 is/was the "happiest baby on the block."  Like she watched those suggested DVDs with the S's while she was in utero. (Truth statement: never watched them.)

However, this week girlfriend went from the happiest baby I have ever seen... to girlfriend wants to cut a b*tch every 2-2.5 hours.  Curiously, I consulted google and as soon as I typed in 4 month...google predicted "sleep regression."  Shit.

Google tells me that mini #2 is growing, developing, about to do something a-baby-mazing. I am curious to see what she is using this "wakeful" period to achieve.  Balancing the budget?  Learning Mandarin?  At this point frankly, I would even settle for cutting teeth or rolling over.

Confession:  All I want for Christmas is sleep.  Perhaps 3 days in a row, 6 hour stretches.  Ok, I'll get greedy and qualify that this sleep should occur the three days before I return to work.  Hopefully, Santa will listen and grant me my Christmas wish because I have been mostly good this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment