Saturday, December 21, 2013

Paradigm Shift

When I was in graduate school, I learned the word paradigm.  Mostly in the context of "paradigm shift."  This (for those who did not spend hours of studying pointless educational philosophy)...means a massive change in the way we do things or feel.

I feel that this concept should be applied to the ominous To Do List.

Especially as the holiday approaches there are a lot of things I need to get done, (especially before I return to work on January 2. Eeeek)  Staying home with mini #2 has allowed me to take care of business and let's be honest, it's been pretty sweet.  However, there are about ten thousand gazillion million things that I should do every day...and I don't......and then I feel bad.

For example, today I SHOULD have done the following.

1.)  Laundry - wash, fold, put-away (haha)
2.)  Swept the floors with extra attention to the random raisins that have been smushed in semi-hidden places.
3.)  Sew Christmas Blankets/Toys
4.)  Clean out the refrigerator and remove leftovers which have been leftover for over a week.
                                                                          ......
Well you get the point.  I am sure your TO DO LIST is very similar.  Notice all the cleaning and/or lack there of.  Keeping house is not one of my strengths.

I propose that we stage a coupe and initiate a paradigm shift.  Instead of the TO DO LIST, how about we create a HAVE DONE LIST.

If this is the case, then my HAVE DONE LIST would read as follows:

1.) Woke up with Mini #2. Early.
2.) Made coffee. ate a sensible kale smoothie, SHOWERED!
3.) Fed mini-humans, watched the same episode of Thomas the Train.  Twice.
4.) Went to the store and bought red apples and trash bags.
5.)  Put gas in my car.
6.) Played outside in the snow with Mini #1 and my crazy dog ( her name is Karma)
7.) Ate some cheese sticks.
8.)  Wrote this blog post.

Wow!  That felt a lot more satisfying...and it's only a little after noon.  Go me.





No comments:

Post a Comment