Trend: Eating Gluten-Free
Alright, I will admit that even I did not know exactly what gluten was (shame on me, silly science teacher lady.) But I did know that gluten doesn't make me fat. You know what makes me fat? King sized boxes of Junior mints and iced coffee drinks!
For those who haven't seen this, put down your kale based smoothies and enjoy! (Thank you Jimmy Kimmel for interviewing attractive men with their shirts off)
Trend: Minimalist Running
And then there was the news that took the wind out of barefoot runners' sails....
|Hey guys, aren't you supposed to be running?|
Not shocking,wearing weird rubber toe socks does NOT do the following things!
(1) Strengthen muscles in the feet and lower legs
(2) Improve range of motion in the ankles, feet, and toes
(3) Stimulate neural function important to balance and agility
(4) Eliminate heel lift to align the spine and improve posture
(5) Allow the foot and body to move naturally
Did people really think that these socks with five fingers really did this stuff? Running is hard. Please put something between your delicate arches and the hard pavement.
Sorry hipsters and trendsetting wannabes...next on the chopping block? Facial hair!