Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Sleep Lady vs. Alecia: Who would you trust?

Before we started sleep training, I watched some Youtube videos, since it had been a year or two since I had to get down to business with this making-my-mini-sleep stuff. I got a lot of recommendations on Facebook about plans and people, methods, which type of incense to burn or which type of chicken to sacrifice...here was my final conclusion.


The Sleep Lady seems very nice. Then again muffins are nice.  I watched about 7 videos from the sleep lady and I had had enough!  I could not fully commit to her. Sorry Sleep Lady.

#1:  She looks well rested.  Her hair is done, she has make up on and she has accessories on.

#2:  She is in front of BOOKS not babies or beds.  Ain't nobody got time for that!

#3:  She calls sleep training a shuffle. Lame.

#4:  I don't have time to read your books (only watch Youtube videos) to refresh my memory and I am NOT buying anything.


I like Alecia.  I also like no nonsense.  8 days to shuffle? My school vacation is only one week long..let's do this!


Alecia is cool because:

#1: She looks pretty and nice, but not too made up.  She is wearing a sensible dress that looks like she would take out her boob and breast feed at any minute!

#2:  She is in a NURSERY..where babies should sleep.

#3:  She talks about her son Rhett.  So yes, she has a real kid, not a distant memory of sleepless nights.

The end result?  Less than a week of changing things up according to Alecia and Ferber and Mini #2 slept through the night for the first time in her life! Victory! Huzzah!




No comments:

Post a Comment